Monday, September 2, 2013

Thank you God, for Blake.

I need your help to say it better to him more often.
But he is so perfect for me it is ridiculous.
I don't know another person who could listen to me explode in pain, rabbit running every which way, tripping back over the same roots in that forest, just to make sure they really got said, then run another trail -- wait, wait and wait on me. And then, Bam. Just karate chop the best wisdom I could never come up with (or believe without his voice behind it) right smack dab into the heart of where I really am without that silly rabbit.
In the past couple weeks, he has nailed it, like nailed it more directly than I've ever had anyone nail anything, in such a surpassing way I just have nothing more than to stop and say, "yeah." (And I don't like to just stop and agree. I like to argue it out.)
He has impressed me with those moments more than I know how to say.

And he is so good with the girls.
I never imagined a dad who loves so freely, so quickly, so unprompted, so untethered to his own self. He is both an amazing father, but also such a beautiful picture of you to me through his actions.

And he puts a purposed effort into saying good things to me.
I need your help to return that back to him.
My eyes roam for "more" and for "make it better" -- I forget to find the beauty where its at.
Help me, I want to love him better, like he loves me better.

I knew when we were dating, that I could trust him. I felt it.
But I had no idea just how deeply that would run.
To what extent he would stand steady and support me in my weaknesses. The ones I'd rather hide. The ones I'd keep from him if I could, but I get too weary too -- those ones are the ones where he shows me how fantastically beautiful his heart is. He never flinches. He just smooths warm salve on, and helps hold me so you can heal me.

No comments: